We would like to welcome you to this year's European Wagyu Gala. Already the 4th time our event takes place, but this year everything is different than in the years before. This year you can expect a culinary journey from Latin America to Asia!
08.09.2018 / 5.30 pm: Country evening with Wagyu Beefstreet
- Our presenter Hanno Liesner (FIFA, MDR, DAK and many more) will guide you through the evening at our event.
- The well-known country band Mavericks Country Music Show will provide the Western atmosphere both on and off our stage. Small sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQffpdK9XM
- Furthermore, meat sommelier Christoph Grabowski will give a lecture (Respect for food).
- The young start-up RaSch-Messer will present some hand-made knives. Kupfer & Malz provide you with a large selection of different whiskeys.
- The Speicher 10 takes over this year the serving of wines and coffee.
- Celebrity chefs such as Ludwig Maurer, Teppan-Yaki champion Xiao Wang, star chef Wolfgang Müller and Barbecue vice-world champion Robert Meyer will turn our farm into a culinary spot. We present you on our Beefstreet four different countries and their specialties. The following will be prepared for you:
IRELAND (Ludwig Maurer & Team)
Dry aged steaks with GuinnesDip, barley risotto & whiskeyjus
JAPAN (Xiao Wang & Team)
Beef Sushi, Suki Yaki, Teppan Yaki
ARGENTINA (Ludwig Maurer & Team)
Piccania with chimmichuri, sweet potato cream & corn
USA (Robert Meyer)
Pulled Wagyu beef in a pita bread
Wagyu burger with braised onions
Wagyu Beef Brisket & Slices with coleslaw & rosemary potato skewers
As in the last years, we will again collect money for a good cause. This time, the donations will go to the Gut Kinderhaus by the Westfalenfleiß GmbH. The Westfalenfleiß GmbH will also participate in the event with a booth. Furthermore, the company will take over the catering for our auction on 09.09.2018.
09.09.2018 Auction on our farm (FREE ENTRY)
10.00 am - cattle view
12.00 (noon) - Symposium with Mercedes Danekas-Lohse: "The breed that has sparked a revolution"
01.30 pm - start of the auction
We would be very happy if you would like to participate in this unique event.
Here you will find this year's Catalog for our auction, pdf-file
Greetings from Family Holtmann